Whilst we wait for E-MU/Creative to produce production Windows 7 Drivers here is a simple fix to configure the E-MU based PCI hardware using the freely available E-MU Digital Audio System Driver 2.1 for XP/Vista 64bit.
- Force windows to install the driver, bypassing any warning messages
- Install the 2.1 Application
- Restart the system
- Open the E-MU Mixer and configure your sampling rate etc.
- Open the Sound Control Panel
- Right click on the E-DSP speakers and select properties
- Under the advanced TAB match the sampling setting you configured earlier and ok all the panels
- A restart is sometimes required